So, I was going to write you a lovely blog post for Friday however our internet decided that connecting to our computers was optional so I have not had the chance to write until now! I had a great day Friday and want to share about it so Alas, pretend it's Friday night and here's what I did today!
Stefano warned us that rain is in our future these coming weeks, so I wanted to take advantage of a beautiful sunny day! I got up (relatively) early and decided I would make family dinner for the night so I went to the mercato centrale to pick up some things. I am happy to report that it was my least embarrassing or overwhelming trip for groceries. I got some beautiful produce (tomatoes and tons of fruit) and I decided to make my daddy's fried shrimp so I picked up some beautiful shrimp from the fish stand. I came back and devained shrimp for the first time (I probably did it horribly wrong but they looked good I think?) and then Kenan and I set off for a walk around the city. We had such a beautiful time strolling along the other side of the Arno and doing a little shopping. It amazes me that I can walk around this city and still find new things each day! After a few hours and sore feet, I came back and made dinner with the help of my flat-mates. We had fried shrimp, pappa pomodoro (the tomato soup I made in cooking class), rice, carrots, and for dessert fruit salad. What a treat and sweet time with friends!
Here are some pictures from my fun day, you'll hear about my weekend adventures tomorrow!
p.s. have I posted the link to my Paris pictures? Well, here they are!

No comments:
Post a Comment