fd

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I can't believe it's already Thursday! The week has flown by thanks to beautiful weather and fortunately, some pretty good midterm grades!
   
Yesterday I had my foods class and don't worry, it didn't disappoint! We studied the regions of Umbria, Marche, and Lazio which are in central Italy (where you'll find Rome!).
Bucatini all'Amatriciana
 Let's just talk about how delicious this is. Bucatini is a type of pasta that is like spaghetti but a little bigger with a hole down the middle. This sauce is made by cooking pancetta (bacon) bits down for a long time and adding tomatos and peperoncino (a chili pepper) and just letting it all cook for a long time. It was pretty easy and divine!
Saltimbocca alla romana and funghi trifolati 
The meat is translated to, "veal cooked with ham and sage", and it's definitely my favorite veal dish I've had. After putting the three components together with a toothpick, the whole thing was floured and cooked in oil and then wine. The mushrooms are fresh mushrooms cooked down with just olive oil and garlic with parsley to garnish.

Crostata
 This fresh fruit tart is what Lucia, Allison, and I worked on and boy, it was delicious. Who knew I would become a number one fan of custard in Italy? It was similar to the custard cake we made a few weeks ago, but instead of sticking the crust and custard back in the oven, we put fresh fruit on top and refrigerated it. I ate over two servings of this, I don't want to know what my cooking teacher thinks about this! 

Also, if you would like to applaud my productivity, I have posted my Paris pictures! You can find them here

We're about to be treated to a delicious dinner by Anna's mom--what a great way to start off the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment