As we've been galavanting through the city of lights the past day and a half, Paris has really impressed me! Here are some observations from my short time in this big city:
1. There should be a class on how to buy the right metro pass... I would have failed it though.
2. French men like pointy shoes
3. Why yes, a sunset picnic by the Eiffel Tower is as awesome as it sounds
4. Macaroons are way better than I ever could have predicted.
5. The louvre is big and on a sunny day is what I imagine the inside of an Easy Bake Oven feels like.
6. Contrary to popular observation, Mona Lisa is bigger than I thought she would be
7. The Eiffel tower is tall. Really tall. And the reduced fare for climbing the stairs should have been a warning of this.
8. In a moment of self discovery at the Orsay, I realized I really like French impressionistic art.
9. Norte Dame is breathtakingly beautiful. And Vespers in another language I don't understand is just as confusing!
10. French people are nicer than I thought they'd be... And most of them don't speak English.
11. I don't speak a lick of French
12. I will pay anything for crepes if they come with a chair in the shade
13. A lot of buildings remind me of the area in NYC around central park. But better, because it's Paris.
14. French croissants are actually perfect. There is nothing wrong with them.
15. The Eiffel tower at night sparkles and is magic cal.
Here are some sneaky photos I took today...I got to see some pretty famous works! Tonight though I need some major sleep and hopefully my legs will function tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment