Kenan, Julia, and I left the apartment to go explore the Boboli Gardens on the other side of the river. They are the grounds of the Pitti Palace (of the Medici family) and the museum card we purchased covered our entrance into them. That museum pass was definitely a great investment, because I can't wait to go back! The gardens are just breathtaking and surprising large! We were there for over two hours and I don't think we saw everything! There are also really great hidden nooks for picnicking so we decided that has to happen sometime on a pretty day. Plus, being able to hear the birds chirping and smell trees and plants is something we definitely miss living in the city.
Each area of the park is unique so I put up a few pictures to show some of my favorite parts:

After we got back since our washing machine has been broken Kenan and I did a little washing in the bathtub... studying abroad is teaching me all kinds of skills let me tell you!





No comments:
Post a Comment