Well, Florence has finally started showing off how beautiful she can be. Todays weather was in the 80s and it was phenomenal. And of course, since we had nice weather, we also had a make-up day for the classes we missed on Wednesday (can I get a collective aww from the peanut gallery?). After attempting to feign intelligence during a philosophy presentation and learning another verb tense in Italian class (but really, what is this, five tenses now?) I made it to my Foods of Italy class, which is the one class I don't mind leaving the sunshine for. Today was our last real day of cooking (I can't believe I'm hitting the "lasts" of Study Abroad) and we talked about Sicilian foods. Oh boy were they delicious.
 |
| Yep, that's what you think it is: calamari fritti. They are surprisingly simple to make... just a little flour and salt and a lot of frying oil! And I ate a lot of them, because they were also tasty. |
 |
| I got a big job today of grilling the vegetables! Of course, Michele never says whether I'm doing something right or not but I think they looked pretty good! |
 |
| Looking rather festive after seasoning with salt, olive oil, and parsley. |
 |
| Penne alla Norma: Penne pasta with tomato sauce and fried eggplant. This was a hit and super easy to make! |
 |
| Lastly, the dessert I've been waiting for-- cannoli. Literally, I've been waiting for this dessert since I saw it in the syllabus months ago. And I was not disappointed as I took 3 leftover ones home with me after class! |
 |
We used pre-made shells and the filling was easy too! What an excellent Italian treat to wrap up our semester with!
I'm off to Lake Como and St. Moritz, Switzerland this weekend... hopefully the good weather will follow us on my last trip before exams! It should be one of my prettiest yet!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment