The reason I've been MIA from the blogging world for the past two days is legitimate, my friend Ellen has been here! She is visiting on her spring break from Montpellier, France and I'm so glad she was able to make the trip! She arrived yesterday afternoon and we spent the day walking around the city and getting a little lost (I know, what a horrible tour guide I am). We were so lucky because it was a sunny, beautiful day for her--kind of a fluke in the midst of the rainy weather we've been having! Last night we went with a few other friends to Piazzale Michelangelo for wine, cheese, and a sunset. It was awesome though as it happened to be a particularly beautiful sunset and we were just a few of many others our age who knew it would be a great night to enjoy the beautiful skies!
Today we were super ambitious, as it is "Culture Week" in Florence, so all state museums are free for everyone... meaning Ellen could do anything she wanted for free! We got up super early and went to the Accademia, San Marco's Convent, and Santa Croce all before lunch! Fortunately, we avoided most of the massive downpour that happened the rest of the afternoon. Our time together was too short but we enjoyed good gelato and great conversation walking the streets of Florence! It's a shame we'll have to wait until August to see each other again, but as I know well, time flies!



No comments:
Post a Comment