fd

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun...

Today the sun came out! For the first time in 3 weeks, I didn't stuff my hands in my pockets, duck down my head, and forge my way through treacherous winds to camp out in my apartment until the next time I was forced to leave again. I woke up this morning not thinking today would be full of sunshine and happiness... right after my alarm went off and for the two hours I was at home before leaving for school, there were workers surrounding our apartment. I don't know how they did it, but there was a plumber downstairs and some workers right outside our window working on the exterior of the building (we live 2 floors up, I don't ask questions). With ears ringing I went to class and was shocked that I didn't have to do my usual power walk to prevent loosing feeling in my face! Good day. 
   
After class, Anna and I went to the chocolate festival (I know, it's a week long thing, this will be the last time I talk about it I promise) to celebrate the weekend. Since I am leaving tomorrow morning, this was my last hoorah for the festival celebrating my favorite food group. We didn't waste any time going for the chocolate dipped strawberry kabob which I literally ate in two minutes tops. We meandered around and I got some chocolate dipped dried fruit (why do I keep buying things?) and we topped the trip off with a piece of chocolate cake. It was a cake of classic Italian style, a little dry but with some sort of unidentifiable glaze in the middle to sweeten things up. What a perfect way to end probably one of the more perfect festivals I will ever experience. 





Tomorrow I'm off to Barcelona early in the morning... bring on the adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment