fd

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If it's going to be this cold, it just has to snow

Today was day two of classes and they went just as well as yesterday! My Tuesday/Thursday classes are "Italian Renaissance Civilization and Culture" and "Dante, Petrarca, Boccaccio: Italian Literature of the Renaissance". I'm in class from 10:30-1:45 for the two classes but that's it for the day! They seem like they will be very interesting-- I am so excited to learn more about the culture that shaped Florence as a city! 
   
After class I ran some errands around town-- getting my ID made, buying textbooks, and grocery shopping. It's great that I can navigate my way through the city to get all these things accomplished! However, the one challenge to running my errands is this frigid weather! As I lamented about yesterday, Florence is SO cold right now! Stefano, my literature professor, told us that besides the snow Florence saw in December of last year, the last time it snowed in Florence was about 28 years ago and they got a ton! I'll be interested to see if Florence pulls a North Carolina move and shuts down if the snow sticks on the ground. We've had flurries on-and-off since about 2 this afternoon but it's being pretty consistent right now (but no sticking on the ground). Check out the forecast for the next 3 hours... this will either be the storm of the century or a total bust! Either way, I may need ski poles to get to class tomorrow through that wind!
Here's a quick shot out my window mostly for my Mother who requested a picture... not much to see yet!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you took your snow boots! Looks like you are going to need them!

    ReplyDelete