The next day we got up early to go on the Fraulein Maria bike tour and were a bit disappointed when the weather turned out to be chilly and raining. Fortunately, the tour goes rain or shine and we loved being shown all the sound of music sights... plus there really is no better way to see Salzburg than by bike! As if you didn't know, I LOVE the Sound of Music and we were happy to play typical American tourists and cheese it up at some favorite sights... see if you can recognize them!
This morning we left early by train and are now in Vienna! Briana came here a few weeks ago with family, but she liked it a lot and was willing to come with me for a night so I'd at least be able to see it. I'm so glad she did! After arriving we headed to the Schonbrunn Palace to see where the Habsburg family frolicked around at their summer villa... it's definitely a big ol' house! We spent the rest of the day strolling around the old city which is super charming and enjoyable.
It's been great so far and I'm excited to go to Prague tomorrow where Briana is going to be my tour guide (she has been studying there all semester) so we'll see what she has in store for me!







No comments:
Post a Comment